Saturday, November 6, 2010

While I love my Grandmother dearly, I unfortunately inherited her central nervous system. Therefore in most social situations, I can be painstakingly awkward (1). My palms and armpits get sweaty, anything and everything lodges itself between my teeth, and my klutziness is magnified.

Today I attended the wedding of my Korean friend. Translation: I was one of two foreigners (the other was the brides's sister's husband), but I actually enjoy it when I'm one of the few wegooks (hehe.. k-talk for foreigner)!! Although, since my Korean language ability is dreadfully poor, this only intensified my anxiety.

THEN.. to top it off, I spent the entire wedding with HKG (handsome Korean guy) ;).

This is my long-winded way of writing that I forgot to take pics of the DELICIOUSLY fab vegan food that I enjoyed!! *sigh*

However, I was thankful that the vegan choices were plentiful. Among tons of tasty veggies, traditional Korean rice cake, and LOTS of pineapple, my favorite thing was actually an iced tea of some sort that I had never tried before (extra points are awarded to the beverage because dashing guy served me, and he seemed excited for me to try it...).

Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of it!!! ARGH! I blame it on the nerves. How was I supposed to remember its name while I was focused on balancing the veggie mountain that was reigning over my plate??

I promise a name on Monday when I question my K-co-workers.

SOOOO...since I don't have any awesome wedding food pics, I'll share another picture of (cue thematic music):

chestnuts!!


After the wedding I ventured to Apgujeong, and like usual, upon finishing my yoga class, I treated myself to my current favorite delicacy! I DID take pics of the awesome little stand that I usually purchase them from, but I think the pics look lame (I'll try again tomorrow...).

****

Off of the vegan-food love and onto something amazingly beautiful that I read today:
Keep walking, though there's no place to get to.
Don't try to see through
The distances.
That's not for human beings.
Move within,
But don't
Move the way
Fear makes you move.
Today, like every other day,
we wake up empty and frightened.
Don't open the door to the study
and begin reading.
Take down a musical instrument.

Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

~Rumi


To anyone who finds themselves reading my blog, have a beautiful Sunday.





1) Yet... now that I think of it, Gram is never awkward in social situations. In fact, she has mastered ultra-savvy class. Perhaps she just harbors all of her woes and then lets them later explode like a jack-in-the-box.

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog