Wednesday, November 25, 2009




How is it Thanksgiving all ready? I can clearly remember last year:

I bumbled down the sidewalk, gazing at all of the Christmas decorations adorning the historic Victorian houses. A door creaked open at one house in particular, and a stream of children poured out onto the front lawn. My heart was instantly thumped backwards and filled me with memories of my cousins and family through various holidays. As I breathed in a swirl of cinnamon, green beans, and other Thanksgiving delicacies, I was sad.

Very sad, actually.

Being only a mere eight hours from home, I missed my family.

Now?

I am eager to spend the evening with Canadians and Koreans. Certainly I miss my family, and every once in awhile, I still get deeply nostalgic over Nashville (hence my previous post).

But...I have come to absolutely love Korea. This year, I don't have any sadness, but I'm filled with true thankfulness of where my life presently is. I'm surrounded by amazing people who I get to spend quality time with every weekend, I have an awesome job, a stellar apartment, good health... I'm SO unfathomably lucky and fortunate!!

My blog, unfortunately, has not seen so much of this love.

I have post after post of potential entries that have never fully come to fruition, but hopefully, I'll eventually become more proactive in finishing each of them (in good time..of course)

***

ps-I think the vegan turkey pic is pretty dynamite... :)

3 comments:

The White Cupcake said...

Patty we miss you. I love the Turkey picture. Looks delicious. Fill us in more on what your life in Korea is like. I hope you write more often!

Love
Megan

Tjosie said...

Hey Patti! I've decided to put some energy into becoming a blogger, and you are one of the few blogs I'm following. You should feel very lucky (I feel pretty lucky I get to read your blog). You should, I expect all of my followees (people I follow) to produce at least two blogs a month, or I cancel my followship.

Much love, Jamie

Anonymous said...

錢,給你帶來歡愉的日子,但不給你帶來和平與幸福..................................................